The MOT testing is an essential service that a vehicle needs after completing three years on the road. This test is conducted through strict regulations. Every MOT servicing criterion has to be met for getting an ‘OKAY’ certificate so your car can hit the road again.
MOT test has a long history, and it was created for cutting down high traffic and accidents. During the 1950s and 1960s, the occurrences of accidents due to old vehicles surged. The government came up with this law which gradually transformed over the years.
What Areas Does A MOT Test Inspect In A Vehicle?
At the time of the MOT test, myriads of car parts are checked for ensuring their proper working condition. The parts are scrutinised to see if they fit for the road any more or not. Therefore, this test is a perfect way to reduce accidents on the road caused by a lousy working vehicle. Before the test, no technician is allowed to touch the vehicle, as it can hamper the true scores.
Take A Glimpse Of The Parts That Are Tested:
- Identification number and registration details
- Fuel framework
- Exhaust system
- Emissions from exhaust
- Driver’s view
- Seat belts
MOT Testing Tips To Prepare The Car For A Fruitful Test
- To keep your vehicle at its best condition, book servicing appointments after travelling every six thousand miles.
- Regular servicing can keep the car at working condition. Also, any faulty part is replaced from time to time.
- Test the working condition of every tyre with a minimum tread depth of 1.6 mm.
- Check whether all lights are working or not.
- Check the functioning of seatbelts.
- Clear up the boot and do not keep it cluttered.
- Clean both interiors as well as exteriors of the car.
- Ensure that dents or negligible damages on the car are not many in number.
If the parts are in good condition, then it won’t be a challenge for the car to clear the MOT test.
Contact Marlow Motors Limited, a popular provider of MOT servicing in Sutton. Avail our services today to get your car checked by our efficient technicians.